What causes Cervical Cancer?
• A virus-HPV(Human Papilloma Virus)
HPV 16, HPV 18 is the cause of >75% of Cervical Cancer
• Large number of women get HPV infection sometime during life time (80% by the age of 50).
• There are no symptoms – you may not know you have it
• Majority would clear infection without developing any disease.
• Few women develop precancerous lesions and cervical cancer over a period of time (few months to 9 years).
• We don’t know which ones will!
Cervical cancer vaccination is a safety measure which can prevent this cancer from happening
Dr. Himani Gupta
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Mother n Care Clinic.
Shri Row House.
F 44/30. Sector -12.
Near Shivaji Chowk.
Near Sanjeevan Hospital
Kharghar, Navi Mumbai (Near Panvel- Kamothe/ Kalamboli/CBD/Road Paali)